Information for Parents
Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance Guarantee
We guarantee that all guidance, information and advice is impartial and up-to-date, in line with the school’s policy for Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance.
We want to work in partnership with parents to help all students make the best decisions, so please feel free to contact us at any stage in the next year to discuss your child's choices. Alternatively, the diagram below shows which members of staff at Brookfield can also help to support your child with their future options:
Students are supported in making their GCSE option choices through:
- Relevant literature and software use
- 1:1 Guidance
- Y9 Guided Choices booklet 2022 - 2024
- Y9 Parents' Evening
- Y9 Guided Choices Evening
- Taster Sessions for off-site courses
The end of Year 10 and into Year 11 is an important time for our students. We provide them with the support they need to make informed, appropriate choices about their futures as they progress though to the next stage of their education or training. These are some of the ways we will be providing support to your son/daughter over the next year.
- Students are provided with information about all Post 16 routes available to them.
- Students are given guidance in how to find careers information in and out of school.
- Students are encouraged to attend Open Evenings/Days/Taster sessions
- Students have access to support from our Careers Adviser, Anne Brown.
- Students and parents are invited to the Post 16 Opportunities Evening and the Brookfield Sixth Form Information Evening.
- The Parents Evening provides the opportunity to discuss Post 16 choices in relation to academic progress.
- Students are supported with their applications and interviews. We recommend that all students consider a back-up plan to their main choice.
We hold an evening specifically for parents of Y12 students at the end of June, informing them about our Higher Education programme and looking at how they might help you in the process. On this evening we give out a help booklet for parents, giving information and advice on student finance. Visit the KS5 Section of the website for further support. Students are involved in a programme which supports then through their transition from Brookfield to Higher Education, Further Education, Employment or Training.